Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want develop the Amazon of the future? Looking to drive significant new business development and scalable expansion of our portfolio?
We are Global Mile at Amazon the division responsible for worldwide exports and emerging markets goods selection into a rapidly growing list of countries. We create new logistical benchmarks and “firsts” through disruptive innovation, and are experiencing hyper-growth.
We are searching for an exceptionally talented, bright, and driven Senior Financial Analyst. Come build the Amazon of tomorrow, at what is already the most customer-centric company on earth.
What is the role?
At Amazon finance partners are more than just the team that reports numbers and provides controllership. Finance actively partners with the GM Exports leadership team to drive the business, understand drivers, look around corners, and attain our growth and profitability goals. You will work collaboratively across a matrix organization to define, develop, and implement new product launches. Ability to manage the stakeholders, customer needs, leadership expectations, and interactions with your fellow finance members is paramount.
This role primarily partners with the Global Mile Exports leadership in Japan & Emerging Countries including Singapore, Australia and India. The role also has stakeholders in country leaders, product teams, technology teams, and FP&A. This role works with product managers, operations managers, and software developers. This role designs, develops, and maintains performance measurements and reports on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the economics of the business.
Working with the technology teams, product management teams, and operations partners, the successful candidate will help in the prioritization and execution of key operations & technology programs which will ultimately accelerate the profitable growth of Amazon Exports products. Acting as the finance controller, the person will manage the financial health of the product portfolio.
- Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
- Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MS Excel and SQL functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
- Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events
- Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
- Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant reports that drive cost reductions.
- Participates in hiring, developing, and mentoring peers and team members. Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all activities.
- Identifies opportunities to resolve defects proactively. Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across teams and organizations.
- Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and an effective influencer for new team members. Design and implement financial operating processes that enable program scalability and automation. Dive deep and understand all impacts related to these processes.
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science)
- 5+ years of finance experience, or Master’s degree and 3+ years of finance experience
- MBA or other commensurate advanced degree
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, Tableau, PowerBI, Essbase, Cognos).
- Experience in large matrixed corporations
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management