Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Studios is responsible for producing and acquiring compelling content for our massive global base of Amazon Prime Video customers. As the home of Original shows and movies like the Emmy Award-winning comedy The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, the raucous and satirical superhero takedown The Boys, the sequel to Eddie Murphy’s cult-classic film Coming 2 America, and, coming in 2022, the TV adaptation of The Lord of the Rings, we are just getting started. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help take us to new heights.
Amazon Studios is seeking a Senior Finance Manager to join our Culver City-based team. The Senior Finance Manager will report directly to the Head of Strategy and Content Planning & Analysis, and will lead the finance team responsible for supporting our US/Global content portfolio. This role will directly influence our content investment plans, including helping to drive how much we should invest in content to delight viewers across the globe. This is an ideal opportunity for a finance professional who is passionate about analytics, consumer insights, driving value for customers, and of course video content.
Key job responsibilities
• Set content category level performance and efficiency goals, including inventing new metrics to measure success
• Report to PV leadership on actual results, and dive deep to deliver insights into drivers of variance
• Partner with business teams to incorporate key learnings into our annual content plans
• Identify and track progress towards our US/Global content budget and performance over the year
• Guide cross-category tradeoff decisions as opportunistic content buys emerge
• 12+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• BA/BS Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias;
• Experience leading a team in an ambiguous environment;
• Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture;
• Strong resourcefulness and ability to find or develop compelling data given limited resources and time;
• Demonstrated expertise with building financial models and processes using MS Excel;
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects;
• Comfortable working in cross-functional teams;
• Excellent written and oral communication with proven influencing skills
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems such (e.g. Oracle).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.