American Express is a global services company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights, and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 170 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
- Prepare the monthly status report and reconcile against online system of grant commitments, payments etc.
- Review grant requests for to ensure compliance with requirements and return incomplete requests to program manager for further review.
- Record check numbers, copy grant check requests and maintain notebooks with originals. Distribute the signed and completed requests to program staff.
- Review monthly bank statements verifying cleared checks against bank statements for Foundation, Corporate Fund bank accounts.
- Enter grants on SmartSimple for Administration, PAC Match, and scholarships program, transmit payments accordingly.
- Track Corporate Receipts and send out reminders for missing forms, prepare annual summary for Director Review through SmartSimple system.
- Provide support for system upgrades and complete testing of SmartSimple system.
- Send letter out on outstanding checks.
- Review monthly new organization report.
- Review and reconcile bank statements and corresponding reissue reports.
- Process invoices on as needed basis and track processing (Project Budgets). Maintain spreadsheets detailing payments and copies of invoices.
- Reconcile monthly Project Budget expenses report to Director and research charges on an as needed basis.
- Maintain current year grant files e.g., create files, catalogue files to NJ.
- Review historic files and check for completeness, catalogue, and ship to warehouse.
- Manage the annual Scholarship Program working closely with nonprofit partner
- Insure awards are announced, deferrals processed and recurring/one time awards paid.
- Cover phones on an as needed basis for VP in Associate absence, vacation etc.
- Maintain monthly calendar and circulate to staff on vacation, absences etc
Skills and Experience:
- Detail oriented.
- Independent thinker and project manager.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel Pivot Tables, Word , and designing powerpoint presentations.
- 5 years work experience in Corporate Setting.
- Interest in Accounting and Finance.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e. 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J), in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
US Job Seekers/Employees – Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.