Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks a Senior Financial Analyst for the AWS Developer Tools Finance Team. AWS Developer Tools is a high-growth fast-moving group within AWS where new and diverse challenges arise every day. This position will drive strategic initiatives and will own financial reporting and business partnership with multiple business leaders. This is a highly visibility position as the candidate will work closely with senior business and finance leadership to support the entire business cycle product design, pricing, planning, and reporting to drive results.
This role will be a good fit if you:
• are highly analytical, detail oriented and have solid conceptual thinking and problem solving skills
• thrive in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations that require an ability to multi-task several priorities
• are able to communicate complex issues in a clear and concise way
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Automating and Managing the business P&Ls and building complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance and support monthly & quarterly business reviews and annual planning cycles.
• Taking the lead in financial planning and analysis and developing short and long range financial/operational forecasts and financial reports.
• Interacting with stakeholders at multiple levels and leading teams to define and deliver solutions.
• Creating and implementing financial and operating performance metrics, identifying key call outs and drivers
• Building out new and improve existing finance processes to ensure data integrity and efficient analyses
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities.
Key job responsibilities
This position will partner with senior leaders across AWS business and finance teams to deliver timely and insightful analytical reports for monthly and quarterly reviews, assist in operational planning processes, as well as execute ad-hoc projects. This role operates in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, and influences the decisions of AWS senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of options and alternatives. The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively with executive leadership, tackle multiple projects, and efficiently execute deliverables.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Serve as a subject matter expert on AWS Services Capacity and CapEx.
• Serve as key business partner working directly with internal and external stakeholders to provide insights into Server CapEx trends. You must have the ability to structure problems, perform analysis and present to your business partners, exhibiting the ability to dissent, while building trust with your business partners.
• Provide analytical support for monthly financial reviews, synthesize key business drivers, and communicate them to senior management.
• Assist in driving long-term forecasting.
• Partner with system teams to continuously drive financial controllership and improve forecasting accuracy.
• Drive process improvement and automation projects.
• Lead special, ad-hoc projects.
Mentor and develop a team of financial analyst(s).
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or related field and a Minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 7+ years in finance roles with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
• MBA or Master’s in a related field
• Advanced modeling skills including advanced Excel skills
• Experience with Cognos TM1 or similar financial reporting systems
• Track record of delivering results with a high degree of accuracy and commitment to improvement
• Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to work with senior business partners in a fast-moving business
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.