Medical Center Hospital (MCH) and Cerner have a highly aligned mission, vision, and values which makes an opportunity to join the team an ideal role for anyone looking to blend a career in healthcare IT with onsite support at a client. The future is bright for MCH with continued expansion, renovation, and progress. Come be a part of our team!
As a Delivery Consultant I, you will consult with MCH teams during implementations to deliver client-specific venue configuration, testing, and training. As a member of this team, you are responsible for consulting with clients on current workflows and configurations, upgrade implications, system changes, enhancements, and ongoing system maintenance. In addition, you will complete client-specific design, configuration, and troubleshooting with appropriate tools, the complete full solution builds with accountability for build quality score and follow-up actions, and apply and suggest improvements to implementation methodology and consult on complex configuration decisions. As a team member, you will develop and execute test plans and test script execution and note changes in end-user functionality while also reviewing new defects, writing steps to test, outlining information for change requests, and notifying clients. Finally, your responsibilities will also include navigating across venues to resolve issues, propose mitigation strategies, and escalate when appropriate to solution and engagement while also leveraging internal and external resources to deliver problem identification and resolution.
- At least 4 years total combined related work experience and completed higher education
- At least 1 year of healthcare information technology (HCIT) consulting, HCIT support, and/or other client-facing or HCIT solution work experience
- At least 1 year of systems management or implementation work experience
- At least 1 year of Cerner experience
- Must reside in or around the Odessa, TX area
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within the scope of the position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
As a condition of employment, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with additional client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.