Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Global Finance Human Resources Team is looking for an exceptional Global HR Leader to drive the development and implementation of the HR Strategy in support of Amazon’s fast-growing Digital, Advertising and Corporate Development (DAC) and Devices & Services Finance businesses.
The DAC Finance organization leads the finance function for some of the most dynamic and rapidly growing businesses within Amazon, made up of Amazon Advertising, Audible, Prime Video, Amazon Studios, Amazon Music, Amazon Games, Twitch and Corporate & Business Development.
Amazon Devices & Services Finance supports our Amazon Devices & Services businesses such as Echo/Alexa, Fire TV, Ring, eReaders, and Tablets. The team covers the entire lifecycle including product roadmaps and designs, contract manufacturing oversight, forward and reverse logistics, and marketing and sales.
These teams support the businesses by working side by side with the businesses daily, helping them solve their most important challenges, through action-oriented analysis/reporting, and by driving value-add initiatives.
We are looking for Human Resource professionals who have the ability to diagnose problems as well as identify and drive appropriate solutions. Additionally, you will need to be able to roll up your sleeves and dive deep into daily operational HR needs. The role will require the ability to leverage data to establish HR priorities and operating mechanisms to drive change. The individual in this role must be able to interface effectively with professionals at all levels of the organization. You will need a strong data analytics background, excellent communication skills, coaching skills, strategic thinking and planning/project management skills, as well as the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Ability to travel within the US approximately 20% of the time, and as appropriate.
A day in the life
In this position you will partner with the various senior leaders (VPs and Directors) along with their respective leadership teams to develop and execute the HR strategies and planning activities that foster organizational and people effectiveness. The individual in this role must understand business priorities and translate them into an HR agenda that supports the business. The HR Leader will serve as a liaison between the business and the central corporate teams to assess the human resources needs in areas such as performance management, employee relations, compensation, career development and leadership development.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 10+ years of experience in an HR Business Partner role, preferably in a high tech environment
• Experience driving organizational change initiatives and developing talent management plans for a global organization.
• Able to travel domestically and internationally, as appropriate
• Ability to relate to, influence and coach employees at all levels in the organization
• Experience conducting complex investigations
• Proven ability to diagnose problems using strategic thinking skills as well as identify and drive appropriate solutions
• Strong Project/Program Management Skills
• Experience working in a corporate, as well as operations/production/manufacturing environment
• Expertise in Leadership and Organizational Development
• Experience in Executive Coaching
• Experience working in both retail and finance teams, as well as with field employees
• Ability to work well across different functions and global locations
• Team building and team development capabilities
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and to navigate leaders through a variety of organizational changes, such as organizational transitions.
• A high-level of judgment
• Resilient and able to thrive in a fast paced environment with a high level of energy and sense of humor
• Effective communication skills – written, verbal and listening skills
• Commitment to continuous process improvement in people strategies and initiatives
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a business and HR team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.