Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is Amazon’s “Last Mile” delivery service, responsible for delivering packages (and smiles) to households/businesses across the planet. Our finance team closely partners to support this rapidly expanding business while building a portfolio of delivery stations, vans, and technology to deliver customers’ packages on time – often next day, sometimes faster. We augment our traditional “deliver by van” with other models including Amazon Flex (gig economy drivers), Amazon Lockers, and more – all designed to deliver smiles to our customers. You will make history as you help build one of the largest carriers on the planet.
AMZL Finance seeks a Financial Analyst to support the Worldwide Amazon Launch & Expansion team (with a focus on forecasting Construction CAPEX). AMZL offers opportunities to grow your career as you engage on one of the many facets of this world-class delivery service. From here, you will have the opportunity to rotate to other functional areas or roles across Amazon’s portfolio of businesses.
As a Financial Analyst on the AMZL Worldwide Amazon Launch & Expansion team, you will be pivotal to the team’s success, as primary owner of financial modeling, decision support, productivity metrics, and overseeing financial/operational reporting. This role will partner will multiple stakeholders within both finance and the business teams to provide insight, analysis and financial leadership as we rapidly expand our Delivery Station roadmap. This role will provide extensive cross-functional opportunities to partner with teams including Pre-Construction, Engineering Design, and Automation, to solve tough, unstructured problems as we grow and develop the AMZL network. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by helping to build scalable, robust, and dependable solutions through data-driven decision making.
Success in this role:
Success in this role requires you to partner with and influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. You will collaborate with all types of stakeholders, from other senior finance analysts, to program/project managers, to executives, across multiple business units within Amazon. You bring best-in-class business partnership while providing strong controllership. You are comfortable leading variance analysis deep dives, presenting to business owners during reviews, and can pivot between the defined financial rhythms and ad-hoc project analyses. You are self-aware, are comfortable pushing back on business partners, and help to develop your team and the overall AMZL organization. You use judgment to prioritize high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, while helping to solve complex problems that affect company-wide decisions.
- Delivers forecasting models for 5 forecast cycles. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets.
- Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
- Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events
- Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
- Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
Key job responsibilities
Working with Construction (forecasting, month end close, and reporting) to help deliver business results on Electrical Vehicles, Safety Standards, Site Improvements, and other initiatives as needed.
About the team
My team is consistent of Construction, Real Estate, and Parking – we are building out the program and are working on deep diving topics.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
- 3+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards) MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.