goldmansachs Goldman Sachs
Like most financial institutions, Goldman Sachs specializes in several key areas, including mergers and acquisitions, investment research, securities and risk management, and technological innovation.
The Tax department is seeking a highly motivated individual with experience with gathering, analyzing and drafting business/functional requirements and coordinating with the business and technology engineers.
This role requires coordination within Tax and across Finance, Controllers and Operations divisions for requirements gathering, development, testing and execution for a position in the area of tax technology and transformation (Tax Technology Office).
- Liaise between Tax and Engineering groups by communicating technical tax and systems concepts in both layman’s and technician’s contexts
- Work with Tax, Finance Controllers, Engineering, business units, and outside consultants to leverage technology solutions for the Tax department
- Represent Tax in firm wide technology projects by partnering with key contacts and stakeholders
- Troubleshoot current applications and determine change enhancements to meet functional and technical standards through engagement with other business analysts and stakeholders
- Support application testing to ensure quality of work; create test plans, data, procedures, and test scripts; execute testing for ad-hoc projects; review and report test results; participate in production verification, validation, and issue management
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and application of technology “best practices”
- Coordinate, analyze and resolve issues impeding our release of Tax compliance reporting in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years relevant work experience in the Financial Services industry
- 3+ years of Project Management / Business Analyst / Project Coordination experience
- Strong interest and aptitude for technology solutions, including analyzing new business and data requirements
- Self-motivated, with strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
Technical And General Knowledge
- Proficient in SQL, Python and JSON to analyze and query data
- Strong Excel skills
- Familiarity with Alteryx, MS Excel Power Query/Pivot to perform analysis and reconciliations
- Project Management and Business Analysis aptitude