The Lead Accountant ensures that accurate accounting records are maintained for fixed assets, general ledger and audit compliance. This job reviews financial analysis and reconciliations, inspects financial data and reports, and researches and reviews transactions. Under limited supervision, this job performs a variety of accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to ensure that the company is in compliance with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Examines journal entries and account reconciliations in accordance with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements.
- Performs monthly and quarterly close and consolidation processes based on to ensure timely completion and accuracy.
- Reviews accounting statements, reports, GL accounts, cost revenue reports, balance sheets, and / or bank statement reconciliations in order to ensure smooth functioning of Accounting processes.
- Enforces accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records including detailing financial business transactions (e.g., invoice approvals, disbursements, expense vouchers, and wire payments).
- Reviews the impacts of new accounting standards, reporting requirements, and regulatory standards on existing and new transaction accounting regulations.
- Provide oversight, feedback, guidance, and direction to accountants that will enable them to perform their job requirements as directed by the department
- University (Degree) Preferred
- 5+ Years Required; 7+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Overview of the Company
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
Overview of the Role
The Regulatory Accountant will be responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance across all Nuveen’s non-US locations. This will be in the form of producing all regulatory submissions, monthly monitoring of the regulated entities and keeping up to date with any regulatory changes that will impact the Group. The role should also take a lead in representing finance where group projects have regulatory capital implications.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting and financial control
- Produce and manage the submissions monthly/quarterly/annual regulatory returns for all jurisdictions (FCA, CSSF, MAS, SFC, JFSA, ASIC);
- Monitor the regulated entities monthly ensuring no regulatory thresholds or capital requirement thresholds are breached;
- Calculation of risks the group is exposed to;
- Annual production of the ICAAP / ICARA;
- Monitor regulatory changes and implement them for the Group;
- Present and prepare reports detailing these regulatory updates;
- Constant focus on creating and enhancing a robust financial control environment;
- Perform a Business partner role between Group Finance and the Compliance and Risk teams;
- Prepare and present cost centre reports for the Compliance and Risk departments, ensuring they are monitoring controllable costs;
- Represent Group Finance for any Compliance driven projects.
Technical Skills Required & Desirable Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent) with 2-3 years post-qualification practical experience;
- Prior regulatory knowledge;
- Practical experience gained within asset management preferred but not essential;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills;
- Familiarity with CODA Financials and HFM/Hyperion would be advantageous;
- Real Estate experience is advantageous but not essential.
- Strong communication and analytical skills;
- Proactive, enthusiastic and self-motivated;
- Ability to working to tight timelines and in high pressured environments;
- Ability to work independently as well as a team;
- Act in line with Nuveen’s Core Values.
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, listed equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.nuveen.com
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.