Instacart is a North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce.
We’re transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work-whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop-while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are searching for a qualified and experienced Revenue Accounting Manager to join our End User Revenue Reporting team. This is a crucial role that will assist in providing functional and technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and implementing processes and procedures to help solve complex business problems in revenue recognition and revenue accounting. The applicant should expect to leverage current skill sets while also focusing on learning quickly and adding value to the current processes.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Oversee monthly close procedures to ensure timely and accurate closing of the books for internal and external reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP and control requirements
- Review Senior Accountant’s close activities over complex accounting areas
- Technical lead and help maintain the company’s compliance with revenue standard (ASC 606 Revenue from Contracts with Customers)
- Coach and mentor revenue accountants to support review of contracts/T&Cs, and revenue accounting’s monthly close
- Review Senior Accountant’s accounting memos to ensure revenue recognition following company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards under ASC 606
- Train business partners while working closely with them to ensure consistency in application of revenue policies and practices
- Continuously adapt and align the data reporting capture and settlement reconciliation with the introduction of new products, markets, vendors and policies
- Participate in revenue accounting audit and assist with revenue financial disclosures
- Developing revenue process rules and workflows while promoting a controls environment
- 6+ years of experience with ASC606 policies on revenue
- Solves highly complex problems by working with cross-functional teams
- Good influencing, facilitating, and consulting skills in working with stakeholders across business functions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, take ownership of work products, and improve processes
- Self-motivated and able to work on critical tasks independently and as a member of a team
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Advanced experience with MS Excel (Power Query, Power Pivot) is a plus
- Experience with Oracle Cloud is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation and influencing skills, including the ability to raise issues appropriately to the right level internally and externally to resolve
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.