goldmansachs Goldman Sachs
Like most financial institutions, Goldman Sachs specializes in several key areas, including mergers and acquisitions, investment research, securities and risk management, and technological innovation.
Finance, Controllers, Regulatory Financial Reporting, Associate, Salt Lake City
We’re a team of specialists charged with managing the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm’s counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm’s success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Controllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. Candidates should expect challenging, multi-faceted assignments and the opportunities to work closely with business areas and senior management on a variety of accounting issues and to gain in-depth knowledge of key business drivers and industry dynamics.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prepare regulatory financial disclosures for consolidated and entity level reporting including the FR Y-9C, FR Y-9LP and Call Report (FFIEC 031)
- Participate in various projects focused on implementation of regulatory disclosure, streamlining processes and working with cross-functional teams
- Collaborate extensively with other areas of the firm such as Product Controllers, Financial Reporting, Legal Entity Controllers, and Risk
- Assist with internal management reporting and analysis on financial results, new guidance, changes to filing templates, interpretive matters and ad hoc inquiries
- Document and perform control procedures such as reconciliations and variance analytics
- Play a central role in driving projects that contribute to the strategic direction for Controllers’ applications and workflows
- Interface and coordinate with project team to define objectives, develop approach, create detailed schedules, provide status updates and prepare deliverables for projects
- Perform in-depth analysis of Controllers’ business processes and systems issues to define, propose, and implement strategic technological and procedural workflow improvements
- Partner with technology to ensure solutions meet all project specifications
- Employ strong written and verbal communication skills to provide frequent project updates to project stakeholder/sponsors and users of all levels
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- 3-6 years of relevant work experience; strong accounting background preferred
- CPA candidate/license
- Federal Reserve regulatory reporting experience
- Well-versed in US GAAP accounting and SEC reporting standards