Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon where new and diverse challenges arise every day. AWS Finance seeks a Finance Manager to support the Startup Sales organization in Europe. This role provides leadership and strategic support including key project analyses, metrics development and reporting, and planning and forecasting. The successful candidate will be able to think strategically, tactically, and analytically. They will have a demonstrated ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, financial analysis, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives.
The candidate will be responsible for developing tools and instrumentation necessary to address business opportunities, creating analytics to measure the effectiveness of business strategies as well as setting strategy, direction and prioritization for team. The role requires a self-starter who will operate with significant autonomy while supporting senior business leaders and delivering results.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborative interaction with stakeholders at multiple levels and lead teams to define and deliver solutions.
- Drive business reviews and create mechanisms that promote accountability and high standards.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical and process constraints.
- Foster constructive and proactive communication across organizational boundaries.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 10+ years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 8+ years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA from a highly regarded business school is preferred
- Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Results-oriented, highly energetic, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality.
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture.
- Strong skills in accessing and using analytical tools, advanced computer literacy.
- Ability to work with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Industry experience in partnering with technology sales organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with adversity and rapidly changing operating conditions while still delivering to expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization of competing deadlines, planning and task delegation.
- Proven ability to lead resources, both direct reports as well as the ability to influence without authority.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.