State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced professional that will be responsible for preparing/reviewing Treasury Services tasks associated with client deliverables related to Expense Administration, Distributions, Performance and Regulatory/Board Reporting within the Treasury Services group in State Street’s Global Delivery division. The preferred candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with a focus in Treasury Services work of 2-4 years of related experience.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Associate you will
- Prepare and perform 1st level review on client deliverables related to Expense Administration, Distributions, Performance and Regulatory/Board Reporting
- Ensure that all deliverables assigned as preparer and reviewer are completed accurately and within agreed upon time; for reviewer assignments; manage preparation process to ensure appropriate completion
- Escalate all delays and issues regarding assigned deliverables timely to officer and/or AVP
- Provide on-the-job training and coaching to all staff as needed
- Implement all standard practices, processes, tools, and technology enhancements
- Participate in the research and resolution of accounting, client and auditor issues
- Complies with internal, client specific and Standard Operating Procedures while meeting specified deadlines for all tasks
- Maintains well-documented organized work papers and client files.
- Provide production oversight to JV processes
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
- Good understanding of financial services and investment products.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on service.
- Strong PC skills, specifically Excel skills (Intermediate).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere.
- Desire and commitment to learn technical aspects of each deliverable.
- Ability to communicate with various internal teams to resolve inquiries and understanding when to escalate.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to interact with on-shore and off-shore teams to resolve inquiries and understanding when to escalate.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BS/BA in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- 2-4 years related experience,
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.