City National Bank
City National Bank provides banking, investment, and trust services to entrepreneurs, professionals, their businesses and their families. Based in LA, the bank has locations across the country.
FINANCE MANAGER II
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This position is responsible for performing as a strategic financial business partner with one or more Lines of Business (LOBs) and defining, building, and leading the financial strategic direction of their respective LOBs consistent with the Bank’s objectives.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National’s Finance team. This group records, analyzes, reports and optimizes to maintain the bank’s financial health, while following principles and legislation to ensure we’re doing what’s right.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Prepare the annual budget for the LOBs, ensuring goals are in line with Bank objectives. Maintain budget models and ensure assumptions are reasonable, accurate, and have integrity. Prepare budget presentations and present results to executive management.
- Prepare quarterly forecasts and participate in the quarterly review process with executive management. Review quantitative and qualitative details to ensure they are accurate and rational; ensure LOB forecasts and objectives are within acceptable guidelines to compliment the Bank’s performance expectations.
- Prepare and review monthly management reporting, including financials and any other analytics appropriate for the LOBs. Ensure financials are accurate and distributed in a timely manner. Provide analytics and commentary to the LOB executives, highlighting material trends, variances, and other pertinent findings.
- Prepare business cases for talent acquisitions, office openings/closures, product introductions/eliminations, and other ad hoc purposes, and make recommendations based on the impact to the LOB’s and Bank’s profitability.
- Meet with assigned division executive(s) regularly to keep current with challenges, opportunities, and potential changes. Continually look for ways to increase revenue and reduce expenses by reviewing division analytics regularly.
- Conducts special financial projects and participates in various task forces and committees as required by senior management.
- Develop and implement ideas and strategies to improve processes and communication.
- Supervise workflow and provide expertise and direction to support staff as needed.
- Complies fully with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as all regulatory requirements.
- Completes all required training.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s Degree Finance, Business, or Accounting
- Minimum 5 years of experience working for a financial institution required
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a management role required
Skills and Knowledge
- A CFA, CPA, or MBA is highly desirable.
- Excellent managerial, organizational, analytical, and project management skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to build positive relationships both within the Finance Division and throughout the Bank; work cooperatively with members of the Executive Committee and the Strategy and Planning Committee.
- Must be capable of establishing professional expertise through integrity, dedication, and strategic counsel.
- Must be capable of inspiring confidence and respect in staff and motivate colleagues to achieve Finance Division and company goals.
- Must be able to manage and influence a large number of indirect reports without having authority.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote) required.
- Requires strong knowledge of financial analysis techniques and generally accepted accounting principles and procedures, as well as experience in the use of financial/accounting related reporting systems (e.g. CONTROL, Hyperion, Cognos, etc.) and the preparation and presentation of managerial reporting.
Starting base salary: $119,012 – $154,574 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we’ve always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies.
Positions based in New York City: In order to work on-site at City National Bank in New York City, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, per city requirements. Shortly after your start date, you will be required to attest to your vaccination status and will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled