Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Tax PMO is seeking a Sr. Program Manager with experience in driving new business integration for tax compliance and audit.
The Sr. PM will lead teams drawn from across Amazon businesses and subsidiaries to create and transform tax processes. The Sr. PM will simplify, standardize, and automate processes across various Tax teams ultimately delivering end-to-end solutions.
Successful candidates will have broad experience in Finance (specifically Tax and/or Accounting), Program Management, and Technology. This will help enable the Sr. PM to facilitate discussions to gather necessary information, uncover opportunities within and across teams, and manage change as new processes are implemented.
– Drive process improvements; enable streamlining to achieve operational efficiencies, benchmarking, and development of performance metrics
– Take the lead role with project owners, sponsors, and subject matter experts to align on project and workstream objectives
– Support processes to gather tax requirements, assess them for completeness, and translate them for technical teams, stakeholders, and sponsors who will address and implement those requirements
– Leverage technology and investigative skills to trace data through Amazon’s complex systems architecture
– Document end-to-end transaction and systems flows that explain the source of data, where it is stored, and how it gets into the hands of the end user
– Implement and document controls and processes to manage the transfer and sharing of data
– Collect and analyzing data, including developing and reporting on metrics
– Identifying areas of risk to the project scope or timeline, and escalating to program leadership in a timely manner
– Present and articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
– Dive deep where needed to resolve blocking issues during project execution, testing, launch and cutover
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
• Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
– 5+ years of experience – must have experience in two out of three of Finance (particularly Tax and Accounting), Program Management, and IT where you have demonstrated Amazon’s leadership principles
– BS/BA degree; business administration, accounting or tax preferred, with specialization in IT/systems
– Experience in many of the following disciplines is desired: tax compliance and reporting, external and internal audit, SOX, financial reporting, controls and reconciliation process improvement, or financial systems integration.
– Experience in process and tooling / template design, and / or facilitating trainings and workshops on such content.
– The ideal candidate will have experience at Amazon or similarly complex, diverse, dynamic global organization in the following:
• Participating in innovative, game-changing teams, programs, and projects
• Delivering results amidst resource constraints and ambiguity
• Leveraging technology
• Delighting stakeholders
• Communicating successfully across cultures, in writing and in person
• Collecting and analyzing data, including developing and reporting on metrics
• Experience and desire to work in an environment similar to a high tech startup.
• Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations in a matrix team environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.