Kroger brings quality food and community support to locations all across the United States.
Company Name: Kroger General Office
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for the review of special tax returns for business units. Communicate with state government officials on Audits or other tax related issues. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
Review special returns for processing
Track all payments due to ensure completion
Remit taxes to governmental agencies by check or wire transfer
Maintain tax calendars to ensure timely completion of tasks
Review balance sheet accounts
Assist manager in training for balancing accounts
Working closely with General Office Tax and Treasury
Design and repair of tax return work sheets
Communicate with Governmental Agencies
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position/Education Qualifications:
- Proven ability to set high standards of performance for self; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly express thoughts to others and exchange information within the organization and to Division associates.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Windows XP.
- Good working Knowledge of Sales and Use Tax
- Knowledgeable of the Kroger Accounting System
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Highly organized and proficient at multi-tasking.
- Desire to make improvements to and streamline current processes
- Demonstrated sound business judgment and the ability to work successfully with all levels of associates, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Ability to take prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive and following up to ensure completion.
- Ability to maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, high change environment.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of files, conversations and documents.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Balancing ledger accounts/journal entries
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Regions: Mid-Atlantic; Any; General Office- Cincinnati; Midwest; Mountain; South; West
States: Tennessee; Alabama; Alaska; American Samoa; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; District of Columbia; Federated States of Micronesia; Florida; Georgia; Guam; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Marshall Islands; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Northern Mariana Islands; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Palau; Pennsylvania; Puerto Rico; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virgin Islands; Virginia; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world’s largest retailers, we employee nearly half a million Associates across 35 states. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TN || Nashville || 2620 Elm Hill Pike || 37214 || Kroger General Office || [[mfield2]] || Tax || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None