Coty is a multinational company that develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes a wide variety of beauty products.
ACCOUNTING MANAGER, INVENTORY
FINANCE – SANFORD, N. CAROLINA OR NEW YORK CITY
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re World #1 in Fragrance and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
We’re looking for an Accounting Manager to join our Local Custodian Operations team. In this role, you will get to work across many different technical accounting matters, global accounting policy, external reporting, special projects, and implementation of new US GAAP guidance. Activities include month end close, review of high-risk journal entries, account reconciliations, GL reporting and analysis, monthly, quarterly, and yearly Corporate reporting, SOX controls, and other general accounting tasks. This position is a process-oriented opportunity, but the successful individual must have a strong propensity to delve into issues and lead process improvements and develop personnel.
- Providing supervision and development of accounting team
- Supporting analysts in their specific areas of focus and ensure development of subject matter competency
- Ensuring best practices are established in areas of focus to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Assisting team in updating and/or developing process documentation for areas of focus
- Monitoring legal entities containing manufacturing and distribution activities to ensure accurate reporting.
- Management of Senior Analyst and review of their deliverables as it relates to:
- Perpetual inventory monitoring/research
- Significant reserves (excess and obsolescence, shrink)
- Research of inventory variances
- Inventory accruals (in-transit, freight, GR/IR)
- Clearing account monitoring/research
- Quarterly reporting and analytics
- Managing monthly, quarterly, and year end corporate reporting requirements
- Assisting with ad hoc corporate inquiries
- Supporting a strong SOX environment
- Assisting internal and external auditors in SOX controls and financial statement testing
- Continuously assessing the control environment
- Working with management team and auditors to implement new controls as needed
- Ensuring adherence to key controls over journal entries, account reconciliations, and checklists
- Providing special project support as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar field
- 5-10 years of industry experience, preferably manufacturing environments or public accounting
- 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Proven ability to work within a dynamic team environment
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Ability to manage and develop accounting staff
- Ability to analyze financial performance and obtain valid explanations for variances.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to handle large volumes of work through prioritization of key initiatives/deadlines and daily workload
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills, and teamwork ethics
- Excellent problem-solving skills by always seeking the answer, solution or identifying the issue
- Knowledge on SAP and Hyperion is a plus
- CPA preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
This is unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You’ll get to work in a diverse environment with a team of professionals who are passionate about the work they do and know how to have some fun along the way.
Coty’s global omni-working policy provides the option to work up to 50% of your month remotely. We believe that a more flexible philosophy of remote working will give everyone the freedom to choose what works for their individual circumstances and empower them to always perform at their best.
Per the NYC Vaccine Mandate, COVID-19 vaccinations are required to work in any Coty office, Retailer, or partner facility. You may find Coty’s NYC Covid-19 Vaccination Policy here .
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster, and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.
Coty is deeply committed to Changing the Conversation around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in an effort to create a more open, inclusive, and diverse workplace where all employees can be their authentic self.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com . We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English – Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español – Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo