Capital One is a nationally recognized and high-tech business banking company, offering better customized consumer and commercial lending and deposit financial services.
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Manager, Financial Analyst
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Manager in Staff Finance, you will have an exciting opportunity to work on problems that impact the entire company. You’ll lead a team of one to two analysts focused on managing our company overhead organization and playing an impactful role in our compensation forecasting . The ideal candidate will provide strong financial leadership across the entire Profit and Loss team, influencing both internal and external growth and efficiency efforts. The role will emphasize problem-solving, influence competencies, and client relationship management to effectively:
- Partner with leadership and business teams to assess the financial implications of ongoing efforts across the organization
- Articulate outcomes of analysis and relevant insights
- Develop presentations to communicate business and analysis results to senior leadership audiences
- Effectively manage deliverables under both open-ended and tight timelines
- Financial and business performance reporting and variance analysis
- Financial forecasting and analytics to support portfolio growth and strategic initiatives
- Identify and enable continuous improvements across the team to drive efficiencies
- Manage and develop associates
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in financial analysis
- At least 2 years of experience managing a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function
- Experience in Google Sheets & Slides
- At least 3 years of experience managing a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) function
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- At least 1 year of experience managing direct reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).