UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of healthcare. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives.
This role is responsible for all aspects of financial analytics, planning, and reporting in support of our Account Management teams and the clients they manage.
Responsibilities include reporting and analysis to business and finance leadership with a dotted line support to Account management leadership; presents findings and recommendations to management.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide primary financial support for one OptumRx business division and its leaders
- Create and maintain a tight alignment with the pricing team and become active participants in understanding client renewal cycles and the overall financial drivers and implications to their renewals or market checks
- Understand and influence ability to manage client discount guarantee performance, and seek to make timely changes with the contract management team
- Participate in client strategy discussions to seek opportunities for increased performance
- Develop deep knowledge of the client’s unique plan designs and analyze volume, revenue, and margin across all OptumRx channels (retail, home delivery, Specialty). Anticipate profitability changes as client plan designs change, and react quickly to unusual trends
- Develop understanding of monthly trends for margin channels to the extent that fluctuations impacted specific client financials
- Interface with business leaders and build relationships in support of financial planning and performance measurement including reporting and analysis
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in conjunction with budgeting and forecasting process
- Assist in managing business relationships on behalf of the broader Finance organization and leadership
- Leverage technology and carry out process improvement activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (economics, poly-sci)
- 3+ years of relevant financial analysis or accounting experience
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Office product suite, and other technology tools
- PBM experience
- Project management or process improvement experience
- Healthcare experience
- Progressive financial work experience
- Hyperion Essbase and/or Power BI
- CRM experience (Salesforce, etc.)
- Ability to work in a matrix environment while positively influencing other functional areas
- Solid curiosity
- Solid attention to detail and accuracy
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The Salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to 118,300. The Salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.