Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are seeking an experienced Senior Finance Analyst who consistently exceeds expectations to join our Amazon Pay Finance team. The role operates in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and should have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. This individual should possess solid business judgment and be capable of driving the right results, have attention to detail, and strong analytical skills.
About Amazon Pay
Over the past 20 years Amazon has earned the trust of over 300 million customers worldwide by providing unprecedented convenience, selection and value on Amazon.com. By deploying Amazon Pay’s products and services, merchants make it easy for these millions of customers to safely purchase from their third party sites using the information already stored in their Amazon account.
As a member of the Amazon Pay Finance team, you will lead planning cycles for Amazon Pay, be a strong business partner, provide financial and operational analyses, improve processes and help take the business and the finance team to the next level. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical teams, as well as across other geographies. A successful member of this team collaborates effectively to solve data problems, implement forecasting solutions, and deliver successfully against high operational standards. This individual must be customer focused and a strong business partner. They should raise the bar on deliver results and bias for action.
Key responsibilities/deliverables will include
• Maintain, and improve, existing finance processes to ensure data integrity, efficient analyses, and insightful analysis.
• Presentation of findings and recommendations to Consumer Payments Finance and Business Senior Leaders
• Support the development of continuously-evolving automated forecast models and methodologies, measuring accuracy improvements across the organization
• Manage and develop scalable financial tools or reports that align, and simplify, monthly business reviews, annual planning, and forecasting processes
• Sourcing, analyzing, and reporting quantitative data; perform ad hoc analyses
• Analyzing trends, formulating projections, and evaluating savings initiatives
• Assist in developing monthly/quarterly financial reporting (actual and forecast) and annual budgeting
• Provide fact-based insights into variances and trends
• Finance Business support for Amazon Pay business team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced problem-solving skills for difficult and complex issues
• Exceptional analytic skills and advanced knowledge of Excel with demonstrated ability to build financial models for business support involving forecasting and variance analysis
• Experience with SQL, Cognos and SharePoint
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines, and provide well-vetted reporting and business recommendations
• Experience communicating results to business leaders
• Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented, requiring limited supervision
• Highly organized and detail focused, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations owning full cycle software development / change efforts
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment managing multiple competing priorities simultaneously, meeting deadlines and driving projects to completion
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.