State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for
With immediate effect we are looking for a Compliance Consultant for Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) & Finance to join our State Street Bank International GmbH (SSBI) Compliance Department in Munich. The successful candidate is an expert in Compliance, Business Control or Audit functions within the Financial Services sector with particular focus on the ERM & Finance area and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The role may evolve within Compliance or into other Risk and Business Control areas. We are open to hire in Frankfurt or Munich.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Compliance Consultant for ERM & Finance you will
- Work in conjunction with other Compliance team members as well as business partners and external parties all over the globe to resolve issues and ensure accuracy of accountabilities and adherence to all policies, regulations and guidelines
- Maintain and continuously develop knowledge around core regulatory requirements, products of business units, applicable financial markets, industry trends and key technology in use by the business units
- Support the management and Compliance team in the development, implementation, reviews and revisions of Compliance manuals, policies and procedures
- Under limited supervision, work on various elements of a particular business units Compliance Oversight Program (COP) with particular reference to the ERM & Finance area and actively participate in risk management projects
- Understand various risk assessment frameworks and formulate recommendations for Compliance strategies based on accurate identification of potential business risks, franchise risks, reputational risks, and emerging risks with particular reference to the ERM & Finance area
- Design, plan, conduct and report on the testing within Compliance Advisory Reviews for SSBI GmbH and its branches, with particular focus on the ERM & Finance area, and coordinate the implementation of controls with the business and management
- Exercise discretion and judgment with regard to matters of significance, such as supporting production of management reporting, including data collection, qualitative and / or quantitative analysis, formatting and quality assurance
- Under limited supervision, act as primary contact/ coordinator for regulatory exams and investigations in the ERM & Finance area
- Support communication to inform business units of regulatory developments and policy changes with particular reference to the ERM & Finance Area
- Drive open and collaborative communications ensuring regulatory information is shared in a timely manner with key functions
- Support the implementation of Compliance training and education programs to keep business personnel apprised of Compliance policies and regulatory obligations (incl. of new employee induction training)
- Identify and report all risk and Compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to communicate with and appropriately influence all levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Strong customer focus
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Successfully completed Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or similar educational background
- Around six to eight years of relevant work experience within Risk, Compliance, Legal or Audit functions within the financial services sector preferred
- Strong knowledge of Risk Management is required
- Fluency in English; knowledge of additional European languages beneficial
What we offer
- Flexible working time
- Work from home days might be possible depending on the role
- Depending on legal entity 37,5 or 40 working hours per week
- Pension plan offering
- Wellbeing & health programs (anonymous Employee Assistance Program, PME Family Service, trainings)
- Group accident insurance
- Mentoring program
- Regular performance reviews and structured performance management
- Personal development possibilities and extensive web based training catalogue
- Free German and English language classes
- Global Inclusion, Global Outreach and Corporate Citizenship programs
- Dynamic, diverse, international, and multicultural working environment with English company language
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers