Millions! Novartis made a decision to pursue early discovery research internally to allow us to quickly translate the most impactful discoveries into therapeutics for millions of patients
The AAA Senior Accountant is responsible for Managing Intercompany transactions, reconciling high risk balance sheet accounts and performing other accounting related functions
The role requires strong working relationships with the FRA Operations teams, the Commercial organization and business planning.
• Interact proactively with related functional to ensure accurate and complete financial reporting is accomplished.
• Ensure full reconciliation of all relevant intercompany balances
• Perform Balance Sheet Reconciliations & Analysis for various high risk general ledger accounts including suppliers not invoiced and bank reconciliations. Ensure accounts are fully reconciled with no aging items.
• Prepare manual journal entries.
• Drive automation and simplification across accounting tasks.
• Manage accounts payable and fixed assets for Endocyte, Inc
• Ensure all processes performed comply with Novartis standards and policies (i.e. global processes, Novartis Accounting Manual, Novartis Financial Controls Manual, Management Authorization Levels, etc.).
• Maintain an appropriate standard of technical competence
While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected]
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Related
• MBA desirable
• CPA, CMA or CA is preferred
• Minimum of 3 years’ finance/accounting experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry desired, with strong knowledge of financial operations related processes.
• Understanding of various reporting and data warehouse systems and integration of data in analysis.
• Experience working on process improvement projects preferred.
• D365, Great Plains and SAP knowledge preferred
• Comprehensive knowledge of IFRS (GAAP), accounting and financial reporting requirements
• Strong communication and good people skills
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Accessibility and reasonable accommodation
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1 (877) 395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
FRA OPERATIONS NBS
East Hanover, NJ
Company / Legal Entity
Audit & Finance