Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you looking for that next big Finance opportunity? Want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful Amazon Web Services (AWS) products? Come join AWS Finance! AWS is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up businesses and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, AWS officially began offering developer customers access to web services now widely known as cloud computing based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform.
AWS seeks a Finance Manager (FM) to join the AWS Network Finance team. This role is an exciting opportunity to build the financial analyses and metrics that help shape the strategic direction of the AWS Network. In this role, you will own marginal cost modeling for the multibillion-dollar AWS Data Transfer business. In this role, you will lead financial modeling efforts that span the entirety of the AWS network, ranging from evaluating the cost structure of networking devices that live within data centers to the subsea cables that connect continents. The breadth and depth of this role’s scope will appeal to candidates with a strong interest in evaluating the financial impact of new technologies and developing subject matter expertise in the innerworkings of cloud computing. The right candidate for this role comes from a complex financial modeling background and is comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment.
Key job responsibilities
• Own the development of financial models that measure the actual and marginal cost of data transfer across the AWS Network
• Work closely with engineering business partners to identify and quantify the financial benefits of new technical initiatives within AWS Networking or the networking cost associated with new AWS products and services
• Build automated reporting tools to track the consumption of network resources used by AWS services
• Represent Network Finance in collaboration with finance teams across the infrastructure organization to assess wide-ranging cost reduction initiatives
• 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• Experience with designing and building automated tools for financial or operational reporting
• Advanced analytical skills with demonstrated ability to quantitatively evaluate business problems and communicate findings to senior executives
• Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing workload
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in SQL
• Proficiency with a scripting language
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.