wellsfargo Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a diversified community-based financial services company with a vision to satisfy customer’s financial needs and help them succeed financially.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Analytics Consultant for the Tax Reporting and Cost Basis team within Wealth & Investment Management.
The Tax Reporting and Cost Basis Senior Analytics Consultant role is required to provide senior level consultation services to business leaders who own and support Tax Reporting and Cost Basis processes. The Senior Analytic Consultant will be responsible for creating and enforcing a standard for applications in the Cost Basis and Tax Reporting group. This individual will work with other Analytic Consultants, Business Support roles and Operations Analysts to reduce the use of tertiary applications where possible and enhance them where necessary. This individual will also lead technical initiatives for the group.
In this role, you will:
- Review and research moderately complex business, operational, and technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Perform complex financial and economic analysis and model development
- Plan, coordinate, and execute primary and secondary customer market projects
- Manage or participate on large cross group projects and mentor less experienced staff
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, external contractors, and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- Build and maintain tertiary reports and applications in accordance with Corporate Policy
- Reconcile large data sets related to tax data, IRS filings and client mailings
- Serves as point of contact for various technology initiatives
- Run ad-hoc queries and compare as needed
- Providing thought leadership on data management and tertiary support
- Consulting with other consultants and analysts to drive effectiveness, efficiency and achieve goals
- 2801 Market Street, St. Louis, MO
- 4+ years of Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years of experience with designing and implementing Oracle databases
- 2+ years of experience utilizing Python
- 2+ years of experience with writing and tuning complex SQL queries, stored procedures and functions
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Ability to collaborate in a cross function team environment
- Ability to manage multiple high priority tasks in a fast pace environment
- Ability to research and resolve data quality issues
- Ability to distil general business discussions into actionable tasks
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.