CVS Health is a health care innovation company. Together, we are are helping people on their path to better health.
Fortune 5 company, CVS Health, has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Senior Accountant to join its Aetna Medicaid Finance Team. In this role, you will primarily perform month end close processes, prepare reconciliations as well as perform complex assignments requiring advanced analytical and technical skills. You may serve as Subject Matter Expert for specific processes and lead special high-level projects and ad hoc requests as needed.
You will also:
• Prepare complex journal entries and review and post journal entries prepared by others
• Prepare account reconciliations with the ability to data mine and summarize transactions in a clear and concise manner
• Verify the accuracy of the general ledger and effectively communicate results to management
• Perform timely variance analysis for Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts
• Complete accurate and timely financial reporting and identify, investigate, and resolve discrepancies
• Complete various quarterly reporting requirements to corporate office
• Provide transparent schedules and assistance to support various financial and process audits
• Complete complex special projects as assigned across functional areas within the Finance group
• Assist areas of responsibility for annual budget and quarterly revisions
• Identify and interpret new reporting and disclosure requirements
• Act as liaison between Corporate and Local Market Finance Teams/CFO
3+ years experience in accounting or finance with an emphasis on month end close and analysis
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
– Healthcare Accounting
– Financial Modeling
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand – with heart at its center – our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.