Epic Insurance Brokers and Consultants
Position title: Accounting/clerical
Reports to: Controller
To assist in bookkeeping functions, particularly in the area of Customer payments received utilizing the agency management system Applied EPIC, direct bill receivable payment posting, and data entry. Will maintain accurate records of accounts and control over outstanding items.
- Ensure accurate and complete posting of Carrier and Customer payments received. Daily posting of cash receipts, deposits, wires and ACH/EFT payments received.
- Post all payments of direct bill commissions received.
- Liaise with Servicing Teams and Carriers to reconcile and resolve invoicing discrepancies.
- Correct carrier and agency commission errors.
- Review, coordinate and process client refunds as requested.
- Coordinate finance contracts, process financed premiums and filing of premium finance contracts.
- Able to research and respond to high volume of inquiries (email & Phone calls) timely and appropriately.
- Sort and distribute accounting mail received
- Act as a back-up for other team members when needed to prepare and process bank deposits.
- Other Accounting and Finance duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
A college degree or equivalent experience preferred.
This position requires strong analytical, written and verbal skills which will give you the tools necessary to successfully complete your tasks and lend support to your colleagues.
Math skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers and do calculations involving decimals and fractions. Requires ability to work with details and keyboard data entry skills.
Your pro-active nature, attention to detail, quality and proven organizational skills will provide the basis needed to initiate and work multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Be committed to accuracy and excellent customer service.
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, Outlook, CRM databases, internet based programs, system problem solving.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There is no or very limited exposure to physical risk.