Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you excited about driving compliance in a fast paced, dynamic, tech-forward environment? Come help drive our internal controls improvement portfolio in the Marketplace & Vendor Funding Accounting team.
We are searching for bar-raising professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. Our team is part of the Consumer accounting organization and supports financial reporting, internal control and new business launches in the merchant and consumer products lines of business.
This role is the subject matter expert who will build, design, and consult with control owners across the team in relation to internal controls over financial reporting, internal controls readiness for new projects, process improvements, and other enterprise compliance activities. This role will require a deep understanding and experience with all aspects of internal controls including financial information technology systems for a complex, high-growth stage, multi-disciplinary organization.
We are currently looking for experienced candidates who have held similar positions in large public companies or who have held a similar position within the advisory practice of a Big 4 public accounting firm serving Fortune 500 clients for 5+ years. Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively to accomplish challenges will be expected as this is an ongoing requirement for this position. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate they were top performers at their level.
Key job responsibilities
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all internal controls initiatives are delivered to time and quality
- Providing ongoing support to process owners/control owners to ensure controls are designed and implemented effectively
- Advising on and designing controls and compliance programs
- Assisting in the evaluation of identified control deficiencies and monitoring of remediation efforts
- Collaborating with the organization wide internal controls team to ensure our team is compliant with their requirements
- Collaborating with other Consumer accounting Internal Control Leads to ensure consistency of approach
- Contributing to deep dives on process areas to define the set of risk and controls in addressing financial reporting risk
- Ensuring there are adequate controls over critical components of our processes
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, information technology, or related field
5+ years of relevant experience in Controls/Audit/ Compliance/SOX roles
Big 4 public accounting experience with Fortune 500 clients or internally with a Fortune 500 company
Strong knowledge of the internal control framework and solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational effectiveness
Strong understanding of SOX methodology and associated standards (sections 302, 404, AS5, PCAOB, etc.)
Experience designing and implementing controls or experience performing audits over financial reporting environment.
Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.