As the leading destination for short-form mobile video, TikTok’s mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, Tokyo, Sao Paulo, and Mexico City.
We are looking for a Tax Analyst to join our Tax Department and support various tax matters. This role interacts with different domestic and international tax business partners/country managers and cross-functional teams, participates in cross-board meetings, collects financial data, prepares and assists with tax calculations and filings, supports tax audits, and communicates with external vendors. Basic Federal, State and Local, and International tax knowledge are required. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented analytical thinker and has great computer, communication, and time management skills.
– Support all US tax filings and payments, including quarterly estimations, extension, participation in planning and developing the overall tax filing calendar, and coordination of timing and inputs.
– Collect, analyze and maintain good records of finance and tax data.
– Familiar with payment ERP system and financial software Oracle
– Prepare workpapers for various tax calculations.
– Support various finance and tax data reconciliations.
– Research and analyze tax planning ideas to determine impacts on U.S. tax reporting.
– Keep up-to-date on tax law and the organizational impact of changes.
– Support tax training for Finance and cross-functional teams.
– Support direct and indirect tax planning, controversy, reporting, and documentation.
– Partner with internal and external technology teams to eliminate manual processes of tax reporting, through the creation and development of end-to-end scalable processes.
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
– 1+ year of experience in tax, knowledge of Federal, State and Local, and International tax calculations and filings
– Professional working proficiency in Mandarin is strongly desired.
– Strong communication, project management and collaboration skills.
– Ability to work independently with limited general supervision, effectively prioritizing competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
– Strong Excel skills and deep expertise.
– Passion for process, data and efficiencies.
– Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
– Experience with tax software/engines (Avalara, Vertex, etc).
– Hard-working, quick learner with a positive “can do” attitude and solid professionalism.
– Lifelong learner and curious about new possibilities.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn’t be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.