Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Ever wonder what it would be like to work for one of Amazon’s disruptive businesses? Are you the sort of person who thrives in an environment where you have to be inventive every day because no one has done what you’re doing before? The finance team for MCS (Marketplaces & Control Services) is looking for people like you!
AWS Finance seeks a Financial Analyst to support the AWS Marketplace. This position will work with key business partners across AWS and other Amazon organizations to drive thoughtful planning, analysis, decision support, and controllership.
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong people skills.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead key analytical projects that influence and drive the business
- Analyze new business ideas, make analytical judgments, and provide data intensive analyses to drive meaningful change
- Build out and enhance financial models, develop business insights and KPI dashboards, and lead ad hoc analyses
- Compile and review financial results and operational plans and communicate results to company leaders
- Create, maintain and improve management reporting
- Drive the financial planning / budgeting process
A day in the life
This is a finance business partnering role so you will be interacting with Marketplace leaders on a daily basis. There’s no typical day as you could be working with them on financial modeling for new proposed features or services, developing pricing scenarios, or driving our annual planning processes.
About the team
Our team’s North Star is to be trusted advisors and partners to our businesses. We aim to be experts in the businesses we support with an understanding of the opportunities and challenges they face. We align with the organizations strategic priorities, anticipate the information they need to make key business decision, and proactively provide analyses to the information they need is available when they need it.
As our team continues to grow we aim to create an inclusive environment and promote work-life harmony.
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
- Advanced Excel modeling & analytical skills
- Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Experience with TM1/Cognos or similar tools
- SQL or similar experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.