Bloomberg is an information and technology company, building the world’s most trusted information source and community for financial professionals.
Bloomberg News is the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It’s what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
What is the role?
Bloomberg News is seeking a seasoned reporter or editor to lead our banking and finance coverage including banks, brokerages, private equity firms and financial regulation across Japan, India, Australia and Southeast Asia . At a time of rising interest rates, geopolitical tensions and increased competition from online rivals, we are looking for a leader with a clear vision for how to cover some of Asia’s biggest banks and guide our talented reporters to pursue the scoops that matter most.
As the Finance Team Leader, you will have a deep understanding of financial markets, a thirst for scoops and the ability to move quickly from breaking news to incisive analysis. You are equally adept at crafting compelling enterprise stories that brings to life the difficult choices facing banks and policy makers, and explaining local nuances to a global audience. You can quickly grasp banking stories unfolding across a diverse set of countries. To excel in this role, you’ll need to be comfortable with banking and accounting jargon, and have the skill to translate complex financial ideas into conversational prose.
We’ll trust you to:
- Demonstrate strong editorial judgment and drive agenda-setting stories
- Mentor, lead, motivate and inspire a team with a breadth of knowledge across banking and finance, to deliver insightful and authoritative stories
- Work collaboratively across regional bureaus, groups and platforms to drive coverage that captures the context of local developments and the wider impact for global markets, international investors and companies
You’ll need to have:
- At least 7 years of recent experience in financial journalism
- At least 3 years of experience in a real-time news environment
- Proven experience leading, coaching and/or developing high-performing teams in a newsroom
- Demonstrated knowledge of banking, investing and finance at an expert level
- Excellent writing and editing abilities with sharp news judgment
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
- Ability to drive exclusive, breaking news as well as informative feature stories
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we’ll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.