wellsfargo Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a diversified community-based financial services company with a vision to satisfy customer’s financial needs and help them succeed financially.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Accountant to join the Capital Markets Reconciliation COE. This position is an oversight and support role for reconciliation activities, supporting Trading and Foreign Exchange Operations, Securities, and Accounting Operations.
In this role, you will:
- Month-end close process and financial reporting
- Identify trends and provide resolution in a timely manner
- Review data from the general ledger, unit reports and various financial systems to ensure accuracy
- Prepare and review account reconciliations
- Analyze projects relating to financial accounting procedures, methods or systems
- Perform ongoing financial control functions in accordance with internal controls policies
- Provide guidance and serve as a point of escalation for reconciliation activities.
- Collaborate and consult with stakeholders throughout the enterprise
- Develop requirements for new reconciliations and controls in support of business initiatives.
This position will require onsite presence in a hybrid arrangement at one of the following locations: Phoenix, AZ; Des Moines, IA; Minneapolis, MN; Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX; and St Louis, MO. Relocation is not available for this position.
- 2+ years of Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Financial Reporting, Accounting Reporting or Risk Reporting experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years reconciliation experience, particularly with automated reconciliation tools
- Experience with Broadridge Suite of products (impact, BPS GPTM)
- Fixed income and equity product and accounting knowledge
- Ability to take initiative, identify opportunities and implement change
- Series 7 license
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.