UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you’re part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness – and those who care for them – have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services – in-clinic pharmacies, medication management and more – are leading the way to a new level of care.
Genoa is a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group’s family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life’s best work.(sm)
A career with Genoa Healthcare means you’re part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness – and those who care for them – have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services – in-clinic pharmacies, medication management and more – are leading the way to a new level of care.
Genoa is a part of OptumRx (and UnitedHealth Group), which is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone.
Under general supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant position is responsible for a wide range of accounting and accounting related activities such as month-end close, financial reporting, accrual accounting and month- end account reconciliations. This position will be responsible for Lease, Payroll, and Fixed Asset accounting and analysis. Must be an expert in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and have a solid understanding of Sub ledger and General Ledger accounting, and a strong accounting and analytical aptitude. This individual must be able to work alone under self-direction and also work well with cross-functional teams to resolve complex accounting issues. Good communications skills are essential, as the position has contacts to various levels within the organization.
- Provide support to the Cash Posting team
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of Cash In Transit and bank clearing accounts
- Prepare monthly deposits outstanding reconciliation
- Serve as primary Accounting point of contact with Inmar, the cash posting application/service used by Genoa for 3rd party claims
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of Inmar reports
- Work collaboratively with Inmar and the Genoa Billing team to resolve exceptions
- Resolve reconciling differences between the accounts receivable general ledger and subledger accounts
- Prepare, present, and recommend changes in recoupment accrual balances, over-short, and fees booked from Inmar reports
- Provide analytical support of the Accounts Receivable allowance for doubtful accounts. Work cross-functionally on Accounts Receivable write-offs
- Prepare, review and approve journal entries
- Develop & implement robust cash cycle reporting and analytics
- Provide accounting support for mergers and acquisitions, with a focus on cash management/cash operations
- Assist in supporting team, answer accounting related questions and assisting accounting staff as help is needed
- Identify and implement process improvements and strive to follow best practices to enhance the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of individual and team work product
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- Provide coverage for team as needed
- Have the ability to be flexible with your work schedule if it is necessary to meet deadlines or deliverables as assigned by the Accounting Manager, Senior Manager or Executive Management. This is a requirement during End of Month Close
- Other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of progressive experience in General Ledger and Sub Ledger Accounting
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- CPA or CPA candidate and public accounting experience
- Healthcare industry experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills, the ability to create templates, pivot tables, VLOOKUPs/HLOOKUPs, etc.
- Strong analytical, planning, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player and have ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics GP and/or PeopleSoft.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage various work assignments in a fast-paced environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Senior Accountant, Renton, Washington, WA