At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Tax Analyst will work closely with team members to support Exelon’s tax life cycle which involves a wide range of responsibilities including forecasting tax expense, the preparation and review of federal and state tax accounting and compliance. This role will also be involved in the research of tax technical matters and the proper reporting and compliance based on that research.
This position will be based at the Tax Department’s headquarters in Chicago, Illinois with potential for light travel to other office locations in the Chicago suburbs, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Washington, D.C
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support the interim and annual tax accounting process to ensure accurate and timely reporting. Responsibilities include preparing, reviewing and documenting supporting calculations and tax accounting positions.
- Support the tax compliance function to ensure accurate and timely reporting. Responsibilities include preparing and reviewing federal and state income tax calculations, income tax returns, extensions, and estimated tax payments, as well as researching and documenting income tax positions. Responsibilities also include preparing return filings for taxes other than income (“TOTI”).
- Support the regulatory filing and forecasting process to ensure accurate and timely reporting. Responsibilities include preparing and reviewing rate case filings, projected income tax obligations, and TOTI as well as scenario modeling.
- Independently research and conclude on various tax issues to determine the appropriate tax treatment and related reporting. Research includes preparing written memorandums for review and technical presentations. Investigates, concludes, and responds to inquiries regarding tax matters made by organizations within Exelon.
- Analyze and interpret changes to federal and state tax laws as well as communicate financial impact of changes. Assist and support in information requests matters with governmental agencies including but not limited to the Internal Revenue Service, regulatory agencies, and other state taxing authorities. Activities include assisting in formulating position statements with respect to identified controversies raised by tax authorities. Responsibilities also include responding to notices from taxing authorities.
- Proactively identify, drive, and implement process improvements that promote risk management, streamline activities, and enhance transparency in tax work streams. Participate in project planning and support special projects including the implementation of new technologies.
- Undergraduate Accounting or other financial discipline.
- Ability to perform legal research
- 4 years or more of professional tax experience focusing on large publicly traded corporations, including a combination of industry and either public accounting or law firm.
- Good working knowledge of all major areas of federal and state tax law.
- Proficient analytical ability to resolve complex, technical issues.
- Proficient writing and communication skills.
- Assumes personal ownership for developing tax technical and communication skills.
Energy industry experience is desirable, though not at the expense of a broad base of experience.
Certified Public Accountant or other financial certification and/or advanced degree (MST)
Reports directly to the business unit Tax Manager
The Tax Department’s primary office is in Chicago, Illinois
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor