wellsfargo Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a diversified community-based financial services company with a vision to satisfy customer’s financial needs and help them succeed financially.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Financial Accountant to join the Capital Markets External Debt Team. This position is responsible for the accounting, settlement, processing and reporting related to a wide array of capital markets products.
In this role, you will:
- Provide accounting expertise, monitoring, problem solving, and maintenance of Wells Fargo issued debt products.
- Perform advanced monitoring and review of system generated accounting results, instrument and trade build, instrument/trade corrections, processing G/L entries, and maintaining accounting and operational policy and procedure documents.
- Partner with multiple groups and individuals across the firm to ensure products are properly accounted for in Wallstreet and Simcorp system.
- Lead implementation of complex projects and initiatives impacting one or more lines of business
- Involved in system development, testing, and review for new product conversions as well as maintenance of existing products
- Apply extensive specialized knowledge and act as internal consultant on debt products
- Perform ongoing financial control functions in accordance with the company’s internal controls policies
This position will require onsite presence in a hybrid arrangement at one of the following locations: Phoenix, AZ; Des Moines, IA; Minneapolis, MN; Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX; and St Louis, MO. Relocation is not available for this position.
- 4+ years of Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Financial Reporting, Accounting Reporting or Risk Reporting experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- 2+years of Capital Markets product knowledge
- Knowledge of debt securities and derivatives products
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: statutory and GAAP
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.