Facebook is the largest social media network, enabling over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and discover the world.
Facebook is seeking a leader for the Commerce and Business Messaging Finance team within the Finance & Business Planning (FBP) organization. FBP’s mission is to enable Facebook to plan, prioritize, and execute as effectively as possible. FBP brings an independent and objective perspective to the data and decisions that we support and always advocates for intellectual honesty.This role will serve as a financial adviser (mini-CFO) to the Commerce and Business Messaging leadership team and will share in owning business goals and results where appropriate. This role will lead a lean, highly efficient team that prides itself on being quantitative and data-oriented.
Director of Finance, Business Products Responsibilities:
- Manage a budget that supports the Commerce and Business Messaging organization’s operating needs and sets clearly defined short-term goals and operational plans for the next year
- Develop a Long Range Plan that supports the Commerce and Business Messaging strategic vision as well as the Company’s long-term mission and financial future
- Ensure that we deliver on key financial goals
- Provide accurate ongoing forecasts to ensure that we understand revenue trends and how resources are being deployed
- Oversee quarterly close reporting that demonstrates a deep understanding of the Commerce and Business Messaging organizations and provides clear explanations and accountability for variances
- Support the Commerce and Business Messaging leadership team on business decision making
- Help to close the books accurately
- Help to safeguard company resources and assets
- Help to implement business/product initiatives appropriately
- Bachelor’s degree
- 15+ years of experience in FP&A, consulting, investment banking, business strategy, business operations and/or analytics
- Experience leading and developing teams and working cross functionally across global teams
- Experience in a data-driven environment
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams including Product and Engineering, Analytics, and Finance and Accounting
- Proven track record in evaluating business decisions, including identifying gaps or business needs, and proposing and implementing solutions
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Proven Excel Skills
- Experience with data analytics tools including SQL and/or R is preferred
- Experience with Oracle/Hyperion is preferred
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.