Mars is a family-owned business with more than 130,000 associates globally, making diverse products and offering services for people and pets.
The primary role of Mars Internal audit is to help Mars achieve its objectives by providing assurance over its risk management, governance and controls environment. This is achieved by acting as an unbiased business partner to help managing current and future risks. This role is part of the Global Internal Audit Team and is responsible for the EMEA region covering all Mars business operations including MW, KIND International, PN, RC, Vet Health International, Food & Multisales , MGSF as well as Mars Edge. A key deliverable of the role is to develop and deploy a thoughtful annual internal audit plan which reflects the priorities of Mars Inc as well as the risk profiles of our businesses, while delivering key insights and learnings from audits which can be articulated into actionable business recommendations.
The EMEA Internal Audit Director has a team of 7 direct reports of which 3 are based in Moscow, Russia and 4 in Paddington/Slough, UK. Internal Audit functions as a talent contributor to Mars Inc. and as such the job holder is expected to recruit, engage and develop his/her associates with the end in mind to facilitate their rotation into a business role later on.
The EMEA Internal Audit Director is part of the EFLT (European Finance Leadership Team) and also participate in the Russian x-segment Finance Leader forum.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting, MBA preferred
- 8 years of audit experience or 5 to 8 years experience as Unit CFO or Unit controller with cross segment experience.
- Experience working as part of a global or regional team.
- Risk Management and Internal Control (at least 2 of the 3 sub competencies in this area: Risk management, Internal Controls Excellence, Internal Audit)
- User Centric Process Optimization (Problem Solving, Project Management)
- Influencing and Collaboration (Influencing, Communication, Collaboration & Partnering, Data Visualization)
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Establishes and directs the Internal Audit plan jointly with the other Regional Directors using a risk-based approach focusing on operational, strategic and emerging risks with input from Senior Segment Management (Regional CFOs, Segment CFOs, Corporate and Global Controllers), External forums (Gartner) and PwC. These risks do not only include financial process risks but also more holistic risks as covered by the ERM.
- Delivers consulting services to Corporate, Regional & Segment Management
- Consistently seeks to improve the efficiency of the function as well as increase the impact of internal audit findings by leveraging data analytics and data visualization. Each director has an objective to contribute to further digitize the Internal Audit function and leverage available digital tools as part of standard audit procedures.
- Being a part of Internal Audit Leadership team, actively contributes to the development of IA strategy and plan, supports Global Internal Audit Director in key communications with global stakeholders, including Segment and Corporate Leadership and Audit Committee.
- Directs the overall performance of audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria and new audit programs, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes and procedures for all segments and operations within the region
- Directs the remediation process to business partner with the different business units to ensure the identified risks are being reduced.
- Ensures the continuous efficiency of audit operations including hiring and staffing of the regional team, and development of a high performing, engaged audit team. Promotes Internal Audit within Mars to attract high potentials internally, recruits high caliber externally to act as a talent provider for Mars. Successfully develop IA talent in order to fuel the talent pipelines of the different business unit.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.