Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers enjoy video. Prime Video delivers premium content to customers through purchase and rental of movies and TV shows, unlimited on-demand streaming through Amazon Prime subscriptions, add-on channels like Showtime and HBO, and live concerts and sporting events like NFL Thursday Night Football.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to work closely with leaders of the tech and business organization to develop operational and financial analysis for all Prime Video technology investments. This opportunity is ideal for a finance professional who is passionate about technology, video entertainment and looking for a challenge in a high growth, new business environment.
This position will be based in Seattle, WA.
This critical role requires a self-starter with strong business modeling skills and attention to detail.
• Provide regular financial updates, including analysis versus prior periods and forecasts/budgets
• Develop operational metrics to measure progress and improve results
• Improve and automate reporting
• Create planning models and extend analytical tools for our video streaming business
• Analyze ROI of different programs/initiatives and generate actionable insights from large amounts of data
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
- Educated to degree level in a math, statistics, computer science or equivalent technical field.
- 3+ years’ of finance experience or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of SQL, Cognos and Essbase
- Advanced excel and analysis skills
- Ability to quickly build credibility and trust with internal customers
- Must show evidence of using data to inform decisions.
- Must have a demonstrable track record of delivering results.
- Demonstrate work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Must demonstrate fluency in English language both written and verbal
- Strong analytical, communication and persuasion skills
- Successful in an ambiguous environment
- Comfortable with tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Superior attention to detail, project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.