Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Who we are:
Are you interested in creating the future of e-comm shipping? Do you want to be a part of a team building the next $1bn initiative? Amazon Shipping (SWA) utilises Amazon’s delivery network to build and scale a new shipping service to solve some of the biggest logistical challenges facing not just Amazon, but the entire industry. We look to create a best-in-class shipping service for any package type, destination, and service speed at a competitive price and with a service consistently exceeding expectations.
Amazon is seeking a Senior Finance Analyst to help steer and drive business decision-making within this rapidly growing organisation. The ideal candidate will be primarily responsible for business partnering, decision support, financial modelling, controllership and operations cost reduction for our international Product, Tech, Operations and Business teams. This person will partner with multiple stakeholders to provide timely analysis, insightful guidance, and financial support to this fast-paced, high-growth organisation. This role requires extensive cross-functional partnership with various commercial, retail, transportation, and finance teams to identify best practices across the network and lead cost improvement efforts for operations. It also requires a self-starter mentality to digest the complexity of the Amazon Fulfillment network and the ability to work independently while dealing with high levels of ambiguity.
Key job responsibilities
Develop metrics and reporting, and drive their adoption, to provide actionable insights for business partners.
Understand the details of the strategic planning and reporting structures to make thoughtful judgment calls in ambiguous environments where data may be scarce or difficult to procure.
Partner with Commercial, Operations and Product teams to identify and drive efficiencies in both a revenue and a cost capacity.
Analyse ROI of different programmes/initiatives and generate actionable insights from large amounts of data.
Communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner, adjusted based on the audience. Your communications drive critical business actions.
Have backbone, disagree and commit to foster constructive dialogues, harmonise conflicting views, resolve issues, and drive decisions.
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or other fields with analytical focus
- Fully-qualified ACCA/CIMA/CA or equivalent, with several years of relevant finance working experience, in a corporate finance or related analytical capacity, managing and influencing cross-functional relationships
- Effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to concisely summarise relevant data and articulate complex results
- Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency
- MBA or other advanced degree
- SQL, Cognos (or willingness to learn), alongside experience with other large-scale data mining and reporting tools
- Previous experience with logistics, supply chain or engineering
- Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, prioritising workload towards multiple deadlines
- Passion for diving into complex data and analysis to learn and deliver innovative customer-centric solutions
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.