Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day.
AWS External Security Services provide cybersecurity offerings to organizations across virtually every industry and geography. Our services include threat detection, data protection, vulnerability management, security posture monitoring, security investigation, and more. We are a fast-growing team with new feature launches every year.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to support the fast growing AWS External Security Services. This position will work closely with senior leadership from both the product management side as well as engineering side to drive new product/feature pricing, cost reduction initiatives, long-range financial planning and forecasting, decision support and controllership.
• Create, maintain and automate monthly and quarterly financial reporting, and present insights with senior leadership
• Drive annual financial planning / budgeting process • Build and enhance financial models used for pricing decisions and revenue forecasting • Identify cost optimization opportunities and work with engineering leaders to execute cost reduction projects
• Develop business insights and KPI dashboards by working with BI teams
• Lead key analytical projects that assist and influence the business
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations. This role has regular interaction with various business units across AWS and requires strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 3 years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced analytical skills
• Advanced knowledge of Excel/ financial modeling
• 2+ years of financial modeling skills
• An ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
• An ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• Knowledge of cyber security industry
• An ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
• Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills
• Strong financial modeling skills, including knowledge of SQL
• Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment
• A desire to grow professionally as the role’s responsibility grows rapidly with the business
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.