Liberty Mutual Insurance
Liberty Mutual Insurance offers international insurance policies that protect people’s most valuable assets.
This unique opportunity allows you to join the East|West Accounting Insights team supporting E|W home office consolidated and country operations’ accounting as well as supporting key initiatives working with our Global Retail Markets (GRM) E|W Operations. You will work closely with GRM E|W Home Office teams and local Market teams in driving standardization and consistency of financial accounting and reporting processes and establishing best practices across GRM with an added focus on reinsurance. You will independently plan and monitor the completion of book close processes and support the analysis and reporting of results in a deadline focused environment, working with the team to gather information and resolve issues as they arise. You will use increasing business acumen and analytical expertise to perform ad-hoc financial analysis and effectively communicates the results to management. You will also lead efforts to continuously improve processes to increase the speed and effectiveness of financial analysis.
- Collaborates with various home office and country stakeholders to ensure financial results are complete, accurate and timely as well as facilitating the explanation of results to stakeholders and leadership.
- Ensures the completeness and accuracy of complex financial reports and deliverables using effective planning, monitoring and problem solving.
- Support financial oversight of cross-market services from a tax and regulatory compliance standpoint
- Documents initial plans and estimates for projects of increasingly complex scope. Reports dependencies, conflicts, and completion date status to project management team. Implements planned and ad-hoc communications to and from affected parties. Makes sure project problems are surfaced and reported to appropriate project personnel.
- Follow enterprise risk management and compliance procedures. Follows risk management and quality compliance processes to include quality control compliance (i.e. attestation).
- Continually assesses the business value and efficiency of the work performed, making suggestions for improvements and collaborating with others in implementing them.
- Oversees a financial system, coordinating enhancements and assisting in resolving production problems.
- Fosters the development of teammates by sharing expertise and experience through training or reviewing their work.
- Facilitates discussion and manages relationships with local country offices, helping to identify best practices and process efficiencies as well as troubleshooting to resolve reporting issues.
- Bachelor’s degree (Finance or Accounting) is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of finance experience.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously to drive results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with multiple languages preferred. Communicates effectively with teammates and others, leading meetings and interacting with increasingly higher levels of management to gather information and effectively present results and recommendations.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word is preferred.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates-as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.