Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you looking for that next big Finance opportunity? Want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful Amazon Web Services (AWS) products? Come join AWS Finance! AWS is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up businesses and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, AWS officially began offering developer customers access to web services now widely known as cloud computing based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform.
To further support its global expansion efforts, AWS seeks a Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) to join the AWS Network Finance team. As AWS continues to expand its global presence, the business must evaluate the networking cost structure for new markets to inform product pricing within these markets. This role will customize and apply these models to support service pricing in proposed new regions. Within this role, the candidate will deep-dive planned network infrastructure expansion into new global markets, evaluate market-specific demand drivers, and develop network marginal cost estimates to support pricing activities in these new regions. The candidate will become an expert in all aspects of global expansion and partner with colleagues from network deployment, service finance, and product management teams. As this role supports pricing for a wide array of AWS products and services, the candidate’s work will be visible at the highest levels of AWS leadership.
The right candidate for this role will be comfortable operating independently in a technically challenging environment. Additionally, you will be juggling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously so a background in management consulting or project management is desirable. Finally, the right candidate for this role is excited to learn more about AWS Networking and the role networking plays in supporting the larger AWS business.
Key job responsibilities
• Serve as the Network Finance point of contact for all AWS product and finance teams pursuing analysis of future global expansion. Evaluate the business drivers for regional expansion and how these business drivers translate into forecasts for network usage and costs
• Partner with network engineering to deep dive the technology stack and connectivity requirements for each new region
• Translate your understanding of region-specific demand and networking design into estimates of marginal network unit costs in proposed new regions
• Draft crisp and data-driven narratives of network marginal cost in new regions for executive leadership review
• Provide ongoing financial support to Service teams modeling the network components of specific AWS customer deals
• 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• Experience with designing and building automated tools for financial or operational reporting
• Advanced analytical skills with demonstrated ability to quantitatively evaluate business problems and communicate findings to senior executives
• Proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing workload
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in SQL
• Proficiency with a scripting language
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.