The purpose of this position is to provide leadership, consultation, planning, analysis, direction, performance measurement and specialized business and strategic financial advisory services to various business units and financial support associates to enable and support information-based decision making. This position strives to create actionable business intelligence, including applications, infrastructure, tools and best practices that enable access to and analysis of information to optimize decisions and performance.
- Participate on project teams with highly sensitive data and coordinate review and approval processes for large-scale company compensation pay scale and benefits change reviews with senior and executive leadership. This involves project management for each new evaluation including prioritizing requests, using accounting knowledge and judgment, conducting topical research, evaluating for logical flaws, developing and presenting alternatives, discussing cost/benefit tradeoffs and making recommendations to management.
- Support the Financial Planning & Analysis team during peak times, including the preparation of the Three Year Plan, Payroll Plans and Operating Cost Plans.
- Supplement support for various aspects of the Retail Bonus plan administration and year-end payouts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or another analytical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Five years of relevant business experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions on significant projects
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify logical flaws or shortcomings in an analysis and identify relevant missing or incomplete data
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations to various levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills
- Demonstrated ability to assume a leadership role on major projects and in the department
- Demonstrated researching skills and the ability to gather the information and data required for analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for various levels throughout the organization
- Demonstrated ability to apply creative thinking
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles, general business practices and financial statements
- High level of maturity, discretion, tact and judgment
- Basic skill level in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other analytical discipline, or MBA with concentration in Accounting or Finance
- Eight years of relevant business experience
- Professional certification(s) such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), and/or Certified Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis Professional (FPAC)
- Knowledge about major Publix systems and the interrelationships of those systems
- Knowledge of various business areas, their functions and SMEs
- Knowledge of Publix QDP project management and documentation standards and methods
- Knowledge of pay and benefits policies and practices
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), SAP/BPC, Analysis for Office and other key systems
- Intermediate knowledge of SAP/BW
- Basic knowledge of SAP, Power BI, Power Query
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day)
Year End Bonus
As a year-end bonus to associates, Publix issues one month’s extra pay (pro-rated in the first year) each year if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check that year. This is calculated as a 13th month of pay in the Potential Annual Pay with Bonus line above.
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.