A career in our Financial Services Tax practice, within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You’ll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.Our team helps our Financial Services clients navigate the frequently changing and complex national and international tax environment related to stringent capital requirements, management of operational tax risks, and tax implications of investing in different jurisdictions. You’ll help our clients with their tax structuring while helping to address the challenges of the continuously changing tax world, both locally and globally.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies – all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Additional Educational Preferences:
Job seekers must demonstrate all of the minimum requirements are met for CPA licensure per respective state regulations.
CPA or commitment to pass CPA exam before being promoted to Manager and thereafter obtain CPA licensure, or Member of the Bar.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in compliance and consulting for mutual funds, ETFs, interval funds, business development companies etc.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success knowledge around Form 1120-RIC and the associated statements, elections and state requirements of RICs, shareholder reporting, Subchapter M of the IRC and related qualification tests, including:
- Identifying and addressing client needs;
- Actively participating in client discussions and meetings;
- Communicating a broad range of Firm services;
- Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members;
- Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and,
- Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradotaxseniorassociate. 288679 288679WD