goldmansachs Goldman Sachs
Like most financial institutions, Goldman Sachs specializes in several key areas, including mergers and acquisitions, investment research, securities and risk management, and technological innovation.
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
Ayco, a Goldman Sachs Company partners with Fortune 1000 companies to design and implement tailored financial planning programs for their workforce-leveraging the 50-year heritage of Ayco and the comprehensive resources of Goldman Sachs to meet the evolving needs of their employees. Ayco believes companies best serve their stakeholders and the greater economy when their employees’ financial lives are clear, understood and in their control. Ayco advisors and technical specialists help clients achieve their personal financial goals through education and guided implementation across seven key financial disciplines, including employee benefit planning.
Do you have a passion for tax, but want to explore beyond the public accounting environment? We are seeking professionals with an understanding of the markets who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication skills, and client service are essential to maintaining and enhancing our business.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Prepare and review multi-state individual income tax returns in compliance with US federal and state law for high net-worth clients using GoSystems RS software
- Prepare and review gift and fiduciary income tax returns for high net-worth clients
- Analyze complex tax situations such as multi-state income sourcing and foreign reporting requirements to ensure they align with the required tax regulations
- Respond to taxing authorities on behalf of clients for federal and state notices
- Recognize issues as they arise and prepare and review tax return amendments when necessary
- Provide internal advisor teams and their clients with tax consulting as it relates to tax planning and tax projections throughout the year
- Maintain active communication with internal client advisor teams to ensure excellent client service and that deadlines are met
- Guide and train tax staff on complex tax matters such as foreign reporting, K1 reporting, state and local tax issues, and new developments in the tax law
- Participate in company-wide opportunities such as various networks offered
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Ayco business spans the country, with the following locations in the United States: Atlanta (GA), Boston (MA), Canonsburg (PA), Chicago (IL), Cincinnati (OH), Cohoes (NY), Dallas (TX), Deerfield (IL), Irvine (CA), Houston (TX), Latham (NY), Los Angeles (CA), Minneapolis (MN), New York (NY), Parsippany (NJ), Philadelphia (PA), San Francisco (CA), Saratoga Springs (NY), Seattle (WA), Troy (MI), Washington, D.C. (DC) and West Palm Beach (FL)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably accounting or finance); advanced degree, CPA or EA designation preferred
- 3+ years of related experience, public or private tax/accounting
- Creative problem solving, research skills
- Able to manage conflicting priorities, deadline-based tasks and simultaneous projects
- Familiarity with tax software programs; GoSystems Tax RS and GEMS preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Clear communicator with strong interpersonal writing/verbal skills
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated to personal growth and development
- Ability to work in a team while maintaining a high level of responsibility and accountability to individual projects and tasks
- Proficient knowledge of investment and hedge fund partnership taxation a plus
- Understanding of FBAR reporting, PFIC reporting, and other foreign jurisdiction reporting a plus
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved. Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity