Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you looking for that next big Finance opportunity? Looking for a business partnering role? Want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? Join us at AWS Finance!
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to be a key member supporting the Containers business. AWS containers services make it easier for customers to manage their underlying infrastructure, whether on premises or in the cloud, so they can focus on innovation and their business needs. Nearly 80 percent of all containers in the cloud run on AWS today. Customers such as Samsung, Expedia, GoDaddy, and Snap choose to run their containers on AWS for security, reliability, and scalability. Read more about the business at: https://aws.amazon.com/containers/
Position location is flexible, wherever AWS has a presence. Preferred locations: Arlington, Seattle, NYC, Boston, Dallas.
Key job responsibilities
• Controllership: Ensuring all financial fundamentals and reports are correct and accurate
• Influencing business partner decisions through education and collaboration on marginal costs, pricing, customer adoption, etc.
• Collaborating with business partners to build and maintain detailed cost models
• Supporting the financial planning and forecasting activities
• Preparing and providing financial reporting including month-end financial results, communicating future financial risks and opportunities to the business
• Developing and standardizing financial reporting packages
• Working on ad hoc financial analyses and projects
A day in the life
As a Finance Analyst, you will partner closely with business leaders and their teams, providing strategic support by developing financial models and generating analytical insights to evaluate business opportunities and concepts, turning insights into operational measurements. Further, you will drive innovation to improve our planning and forecasting and business partnership processes.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded finance professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
• Quickly build credibility and trust with internal customers
• Growth mindset with a curiosity to learn complex new subjects quickly
• Ability to work and effectively communicate with mid to senior-level business partners
• Working knowledge or experience with cube engine tools (e.g. TM1, Cognos), SQL and Data warehouses
• Advanced analytical skills (Microsoft Excel Ninja) and demonstrated ability to quantify and monetize business questions
• Demonstrated work ethic, based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
• Financial modeling and analysis experience
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
• Track record of managing multiple deliverables from multiple stakeholders to meet challenging deadlines
• Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment with competing deadlines
• Successful in an ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.