At Walmart, we save people money so they can live better.
What you’ll do…
R-1046549 Director – Finance – Enterprise Business Services – Global Controllership
The Director – Finance – Enterprise Business Services – Global Controllership serves on the Walmart EBS Operational Accounting Team. The role reports to the EBS Sr. Director of Accounting Services in Bentonville with a dotted line to the Controller of Walmart Canada. The team oversees our third-party provider and works with the Director of Accounting Services in monitoring performance, addressing risks, and process improvements. The Director collaborates with the business and controllership to address their needs while partnering across other EBS areas (AP, AR, Payroll, etc.) and the respective business areas. The Director will lead projects, gather and process feedback, and improve departmental processes and operations. This position will serve as the main EBS contact with Walmart Canada; working across multiple EBS businesses and business functions.
The Director – Enterprise Business Services – Global Controllership works closely with the Controllership and Tech teams with particular emphasis on improving processes around month-end close, reconciliations, and general upstream processes. They will interact effectively at all levels of the organization including business partners as well as senior-level and executive management.
Position Summary… What You’ll Do…
- Supports the Walmart Canada finance operation. The key to success in this role will be managing relationships and actioning on feedback provided from business partners and the Canada Controllership Department. Secondly, the Director will be expected to review current processes and workflows and propose improvements for both
- Works across business lines and EBS functional pillars to ensure coordinated response to issues while facilitating the interaction with the Canada Business by serving as main point of contact
- Manages through change and masters complex business processes in an effort to improve them
- Sits on the Canadian Controllership Leadership team
- Establishes, communicates, and monitors escalation protocols to the Canadian business (i.e. vendor payment issues, Genpact performance issues)
- Serves as key conduit for financial workflows between Canada, EBS and Genpact – setting clear expectations and implementing critical monitoring systems
- Promotes and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures, mission, values, and ethics standards through training and execution
- Supports and participates in community outreach events
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You are a proven leader that will interact with our Canada customers, other business areas, and EBS pillars to identify, address, and mitigate accounting risks
- You are skilled in anticipating risks and think like an operator. You will be responsible for improving the Canada transactional accounting operations and identifying projects to achieve excellence in execution. Serving our customers in Canada effectively is a must and being able to present the state of operations to Leadership on a frequent basis is expected. The Senior Manager needs to be proactive rather than reactive and ensure proper EBS support of the Walmart Canada business.
- You have a track record of coming up with inventive and sustainable solutions.
- You showcase an ability to operate comfortably with ambiguity and lead the business through multiple complex initiatives.
- You have shown an ability to build relationships and influence without authority.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate and communicate at the necessary level of detail depending on the audience, including senior executives.
- You possess excellent accounting knowledge, experience improving accounting processes, excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- You are able to think outside-the-box, and are comfortable working closely with different stakeholders to ensure alignment and drive initiatives.
- You are stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale.
You’ll make an impact by…
- Ensuring Accuracy – Provide accurate accounting and effective operation of accounting controls
- Anticipating risks – Work closely within EBS functions and serve as key financial partner to the Walmart Canada business
- Establishing processes – You improve the quality of service delivery and enhance process efficiencies
- Strengthening the strategy – Equip yourself with business and industry knowledge and insights, then translate them to help build a better strategy
- Executing data-driven, fact-based strategic and analytical projects – identify, scope, pitch, execute, deliver, and celebrate solving meaningful business problems
- Building cross-functional relationships – Build and manage relationships with key partners to accelerate accounting process improvements
- Organizing the team – Use your organizational skills to help the team rally around ideas and execute against complex initiatives more efficiently
- Seeking opportunities – Proactively seek out opportunities to propel the business forward and prepare for the next generation of team services and experiences
Qualifications – 8-10 years’ experience in a similar position in an accounting related field. CPA or CA preferred. Excellent communication/influencing skills. 4-5 years in a leadership position preferred.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. Butyou’llquickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us andyou’lldiscover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one,you’llbe empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Primary Location…701 S. WALTON BLVD., BENTONVILLE, AR 72716-6209, United States of America
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Information Technology, or related field and 5 years’ experience in accounting, finance,
payroll, information systems, or related area OR 7 years’ experience in accounting, finance, payroll, information systems, or related area.
1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Change Management, Leading a cross-functional team, Using advanced functionality of Microsoft Office
1301 Se 10th St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-3148, United States of America