As a world leader in premium spirits, Beam Suntory inspires human connections.
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world’s third largest leading premium spirits company … where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets – our premium spirits and our people – we’re driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Senior Tax Accountant
The following position is open in Illinois, United States.
What makes this a great opportunity?
The successful candidate in this position will play a critical role in IFRS income tax reporting and transfer pricing policy, computations, and documentation. This position will report directly to the Senior Tax Manager of Global Tax Reporting and Transfer Pricing and require strong technical knowledge of IFRS accounting for income taxes guidance and global transfer pricing requirements. The position will work closely with the world-wide Corporate Tax group and Finance & Accounting to thoughtfully align processes and procedures, reduce tax risks, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Be responsible for the preparation of worldwide IFRS compliant tax provisions on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. The Senior Tax Accountant would contribute to the:
- Computation of the US income tax provision for interim and year end reporting. Calculate worldwide Effective Tax Rate by utilizing input from foreign countries. Analyze worldwide Income Before Taxes (“IBT”) in budgeting processes and participate in communications with FP&A and Corporate Accounting groups as issues arise.
- Review tax provision computations for all foreign countries Beam Suntory currently operates in.
- Assist in the review of uncertain tax position reserves.
- Assist in the analysis for valuation allowance requirements on a worldwide basis.
- Assist in working with Accounting, Treasury, and other members of the finance team to ensure the company’s actions are consistent with its permanent reinvestment assertion.
- Assist in communication with our external auditors (Deloitte).
- Participate in meetings with appropriate members of the controllership function to update on accounting for income tax matters and gather required information.
- Be responsible for ensuring the compliance with US Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements for the United States tax provision and oversee all foreign processes to ensure their compliance as well.
- Assist with Transfer Pricing documentation by working closely with internal and external resources around timing, scope and final deliverables.
- Assist with review of Transfer pricing true-up adjustments based on budgeted and actual results.
- Assist with the reconciliation of tax general ledger accounts.
- Analyze processes, and implement improvements aimed at maximizing efficiencies and minimizing risks (e.g., implementation of various technology driven process improvements).
- Conduct research in federal, state income tax and international matters as necessary.
- Assist with the preparation of the Company’s U.S. federal and state income tax returns.
- Assist with the federal and state audits as necessary.
- Be open to expand the skillset (e.g., involvement in matters outside of the Tax Reporting or Transfer Pricing).
Qualifications & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, or in Finance with an accounting emphasis.
- 4+ years of experience with public accounting firm or large multi-national corporation with progressive responsibilities related to accounting for income taxes and transfer pricing.
- Strong background and experience with accounting for income taxes.
- Sound judgment and ability to provide recommendations toward process improvement.
- A high level of confidence, detail orientation, integrity, self-motivation, and a hands-on approach to problem solving are required.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills, as well as project management, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong commitment and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment is paramount.
- Effective oral and written communicator.
- Comfortable interacting at all levels in the organization.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, problem solving and decision making.
- Proficient at Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- MST and / or CPA.
- Experience in global taxation is a plus.
- Experience with a financial reporting system, preferably SAP, EDW and EPM.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant’s skills and experience.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago