UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you’re part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness – and those who care for them – have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services – in-clinic pharmacies, medication management and more – are leading the way to a new level of care.
Genoa is a part of OptumRx (and UnitedHealth Group), which is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life’s best work.(sm)
We are recruiting for an experienced Sr. Financial Analyst who will report to the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A). This role focuses on financial reporting cycles and analytics working closely with SG&A leaders across the company and Finance.
- Plays a key role in FP&A partnering and supporting functional department leadership
- Acts as primary liaison with business partners to communicate monthly results with variance analysis and commentary
- Creates and delivers insightful and analysis and recommendations through data-driven influence, communication, and storytelling
- Develops, creates, and maintains robust financial models enhancing financial predictability, investment returns and profitability
- Works directly with business leaders to guide and inform decision making combining a deep understanding of the business with creative and insightful analysis
- Acts as primary contact on capital project requests and new site development cost projections
- Strong command of financial statements, a working knowledge of accounting and excellent attention to details and accuracy
- Query and analyze large data sets to find themes and drive business intelligence
- Owns the reporting standardization initiative across the FP&A team using best practices and reporting techniques to increase presentation content, quality and effectiveness for our customers
- Supports the budgeting and forecasting processes, partner and communicate with business leaders and review financial results to ensure financial projections are accurate and consistent with company goals and objectives set by Genoa and OptumRx
- Participates in cross-functional projects to inject a sound financial perspective and weigh risks with rewards through modeling ROI, cost comparisons, valuation, etc.
- Engages and collaborates with the FP&A team in developing, reviewing, and articulating monthly financial analyses with clear and comprehensive insights
- Proactively partner and work with peers and functional leaders to understand business objectives and requirements enabling better insights and influence for decision making
- Perform trend analysis to identify unique outliers or indicators of changes within the business
- Ad hoc financial and operational analysis as needed for the CFO and other leaders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related business concentration (MBA a plus)
- 5+ years of work experience in an analytics role with financial reporting and/or business analysis required (healthcare or retail highly desirable)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience with planning tools (Anaplan highly desirable)
- Experience creating, maintaining, and presenting full financials for company or large business unit
- Advanced level knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrates being action-oriented, creative problem solver, issue-resolution mindset, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Strong team player with verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Exemplifies self-sufficiency, independent thinking and takes ownership and accountability
- Strong analytical orientation, mechanics of financial statements and a good understanding of underlying accounting concepts
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and with diversified groups
- Excellent communication: written, verbal, and presentation skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We’re one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You’ll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There’s no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Financial Analyst, Renton, WA, Washington