Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you get excited working on new challenges everyday? Do you like to problem solve, drive solutions and influence what features should be launched? The Accounts Receivable (AR) team is looking for a talented Business System Analyst who can troubleshoot, problem-solve and arrive at solutions to help us achieve our mission to contribute to funding the flywheel of Amazon’s virtuous cycle by optimizing the scale, speed, accuracy and productivity of Amazon’s order-to-cash, while at the same time providing outstanding service to our customers.
Key job responsibilities
The Business System Analyst will be tasked with identifying opportunities to improve processes and tools as well as designing new ones. To do so, this person will gain deep understanding of business and data flows, will construct flow charts and diagrams and author narratives to describe them, develop business and product requirement documents, test scripts, SOPs, and controls to monitor process compliance. This person will be a trusted partner to stakeholders across the company including Service Centers, Technology Teams, Business Partnership and Accounting. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, with passion for processes excellence and strong technical expertise including SQL and rapid application development for the simplification and automation of manual processes.
A day in the life
Primary responsibilities include:
- Gaining in depth understanding of business and data flows, mapping them and maintaining updated input-output flow charts
- Identifying and implementing metrics to measure process outcomes
- Authoring and maintaining narrative documents describing business processes and how tools and systems support them
- Analyzing and converting data into actionable business insights, leveraging a variety of platforms and analytical tools to provide timely, meaningful, and consumable information
- Identifying opportunities for process and tools improvement
- Developing rapid solutions to simplify and automate everyday processes
- Writing business and product requirement documents
- Supporting tool development and deployment, data cleansing, migrations and cut-over
- Developing test scripts and supporting testing as required
- Writing and maintaining user documentation, providing help desk support, and training users
- Recommending and implementing controls to monitor and report on process compliance
- 3+ years experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Experience involving distributed system performance analysis and optimization.
• An MS in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or a related field
• Customer Service background
• Great organizational skills and attention to detail; able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate technical information to internal and external customers or vendors
• Proactive and forward-thinking attitude and creative problem-solving ability
• A motivated self-starter who can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.