Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you want to be part of a global supply chain revolution? At Amazon, we are pioneering robotic solutions, founding sustainable operating methods, and enabling 1-day delivery to delight our customers across the globe. The Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) Finance team is looking for an experienced professional with a record of achieving results.
The ATS team covers a portfolio of businesses that support the “Middle Mile” portion of Amazon’s delivery service, which delivers packages (and smiles) to households/businesses across the planet. The ATS portfolio includes a diverse core of operations including airplanes, trucks and sortation buildings, as well as robotics and technology solutions, sustainability initiatives and more. The ATS FP&A team partners closely with operations and finance teams to influence the strategic direction of the business, drive operational excellence, and make sound investment and expansion decisions. In ATS FP&A, we lead from the “Middle”.
The ATS Finance team seeks a Financial Analyst to own key financial reporting and alignment, develop key processes around the organization’s goals, and to perform financial analyses of major business events. You will become a valued business partner by focusing on core finance functions, identifying and publishing key metrics and work on special projects to achieve optimal performance.
This role will partner will multiple stakeholders within both finance and the business teams to provide insight, analysis and financial leadership as we rapidly expand and evolve the ATS financial reporting. This role will provide extensive cross-functional opportunities to partner with teams including Global Transportation Services (GTS), and Amazon Logistics (AMZL), ATS operations and finance teams, and various FP&A teams. This role will create and sustain performance measurements and reporting on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the economics of the business.
Success in this role requires you to partner with and influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. You will collaborate with all types of stakeholders, from other finance analysts, to program/project managers, to executives, across multiple business units within Amazon. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by building creative solutions with large-scale data mining tools, identifying the high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, and solving complex problems that effect company-wide strategic decisions.
- Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
- Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MS Excel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
- Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events.
- Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
- Collects and analyzes quantitative data to develop relevant reports that drive cost reductions.
- Participates in hiring, developing, and mentoring peers and team members. Seeks and leverages diverse perspectives in all activities.
- Identifies opportunities to resolve defects proactively. Improves, scales, or simplifies finance tools across teams and organizations.
- Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
- 3+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- MBA and/or Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.